Thursday, January 27, 2011

The mailbox waiting game...

Yesterday, before work, I dropped off 4 items to be mailed out at the post office.  One was a few photos I had promised to send to my little brother.  The other 3 were genealogy related. 

I sent in a request to the state of Missouri for a copy of my grandfather, Wesley Blom's death certificate.  I have a copy of his delayed birth certificate already and figured it was finally time to get the death certificate to go with it. 

I also have a couple of requests on their way to Illinois regarding my great great grandfather, Arie Blom.  One is a copy of his death certificate, and the other is a copy of his naturalization record. 

So now, I get to sit back and anxiously await my new-to-my-genealogy-collection documents to show up in my mailbox. I think I am most excited about the naturalization records as it will be the first time I've seen a set of them.

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathize with you. I sent a request about 3 weeks ago for 2 death certificates, a marriage certificate, and a birth certificate to Vital Records in South Dakota. I call home around 3:30 every day to inquire whether my daughter checked the mail and what was in it. It's nerve-wracking.

    ReplyDelete