Friday, October 22, 2010

Some background...

I've been researching my family history off and on since about 1996.  When I was a junior in high school, one of our assignments in our English class was to research our family tree as much as we could within 2 weeks and write up a report on it.  Even after I was done with the project, I kept going for my own personal research and have been working on it ever since. 

A few months ago, I dived back into my research after receiving information on one of the surnames I've been researching from my grandparents. They had been sent this information from a distant cousin and it got me to digging out all my research from the boxes it was packed in from our move last January.  I've even managed to get my youngest sister interested in genealogy I think.  She at least wants her own binder full of research on her family tree like what I have. 

Some of the surnames I'm working on for my own research right now are: Blom, Vestal, Swets, Hazlett, Moes, Van Royen, McDonald, Wallace, Shipman and others.

I am also researching for my siblings paternal lines: Riggins, McCourt and Strater so far.

Well that's about it for this post.  I am going to try to post when I can but I'm making no promises as to how often this blog will be updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment