Friday, October 29, 2010

Double the Records... Double the Fun

Well, it has been a few days since I last posted and since then I have researched the other two records I found over at familysearch.org.  After consulting my Uncle Mike, it seems I have found the digitized birth records for my great-grandmother Jeanette "Jennie" Moes.  Not only did I find the birth certificate, but the site also had the digitized pages from the birth registry so I was able to save a copy of the birth register page for her as well.  The register page was a little harder to read but it is still fascinating to have nonetheless. 

Here is the birth certificate, and the reason I know it is hers is because not only does the birth date match the information I already had, but so do the parents names and parents birthplaces.


And here is the page from the Register of Births.


I highly recommend that if you have not tried searching over at familysearch.org that you start now!  I never thought the site would have anything useful on my lines but boy was I wrong.  I am definitely glad I started looking there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment