Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rainy Day Saturday Genealogy

It's been raining off and on all day today, including the thunderstorm that woke me up at 5am this morning.  I did get back to sleep, only to wake up again around 8am.  I decided to stay up since I had agreed to help my grandmother fix her computers and show her some of the documents and photos I've gathered recently on her side of the family tree.  That's been postponed until tomorrow though.

I did make some progress today in my RootsMagic database.  I sourced the marriages of my great aunt Ozella Lee Hazlett and her husband.  I also sourced the marriage of my 2nd great-grandfather Hillary F. Vestal and 2nd great-grandmother Malvina Chappel, and the marriage of my 3rd great-grandfather Alexander Vestal and Delanah Gross.  Another marriage I sourced was of my 3rd great-grandfather, Moses Chappel and his wife Kissiah Swaim.  I've been slowly making progress catching up on my source citations in my database.

I was browsing ancestry.com earlier, and I found city directories for my great-grandfather Ralph Leo Hazlett and my great-grandmother Lois Lavon McDonald (with both Ralph Hazlett in 1942 and her 2nd husband in 1954) and add residence entries for each with source citations for them.

All in all, not a bad way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment